Go Back   MarcomCentral (PTI) and FusionPro User Communities > Support > Issues, Questions, Etc.

Notices

Old February 25th, 2020, 06:40 PM
Forum n00b

Default CopyFitLine Rule

Since upgrading to FP11 on Mac 10.15.3 I seem to get a unusual message when composing jobs if I have used a CopyFitLine rule.

The amount of text inserted into a flow exceeds the depth
of all frames in the flow <>. Text is truncated.
Text does not fit in the last frame on page 0 at (0 in, 0 in).

The job I noticed it on does have text that may need scaling and if you remove the copyfitline rule it works. I was told it could be related to the frames copyfit rule but even removing that doesn't stop the message. When composing it hasn't had an effect on the output file. Same file in FP10 had no issues.

To test I have made a very simple file (attached) with a large text frame and a single record that fits into the frame. When I apply a copyfitline rule I still get the message even though the text has had to fit.

I haven't tried under Windows but wonder if it is something I'm doing in the rule or a Mac related issue?
Attached Files
File Type: zip VDP Test.zip (754.9 KB, 4 views)
Old February 26th, 2020, 05:37 AM
Regular Contributor

Default Re: CopyFitLine Rule

I did not receive the message on PC (win10,acrobat 2020,fp11.0.9) but did receive it on the mac (10.15.2, acrobat 2020, fp11.0.9 with new installer).
Old February 26th, 2020, 11:42 AM
FusionPro Senior Engineer / Forum Moderator

I don't get that message with FP 11.0.9 on macOS 10.14. I can try on a 10.15 machine later.

EDIT: I am able to reproduce this on macOS 10.14. I've entered a bug report.

You might consider using the "better" CopyfitLineWithMagnifyTag function instead:
http://forums.pti.com/showthread.php?p=190

You should also consider checking the "Re-evaluate this rule for every text flow" box and passing FusionPro.Composition.CurrentFlow.GetFrame().GetSe ttableTextWidth() as the width instead of hard-coding it.

Or, don't use a rule at all. Instead, turn on full-flow copyfitting (in the Overflow Options dialog) and, for the line in question, go to the Paragraph Settings and check "Do not break on Copyfit."
LinkedIn

I am a not a Support engineer, and this forum is not a substitute for Support. My participation on this forum is primarily as a fellow user (and a forum moderator). I am happy to provide help and answers to questions when I can; however, there is no guarantee that I, or anyone else on this forum, will be able to answer all questions or fix any problems. If I ask for files to clarify an issue, I might not be able to look at them personally. I am not able to answer private messages, emails, or phone calls unless they go through proper Support channels. Please direct any sales or pricing questions to your salesperson or inquiries@marcom.com.

Complex template-building questions, as well as all installation and font questions or problems, should be directed to FusionProSupport@marcom.com. Paid consulting work may be required to fulfill your template-building needs.

This is a publicly viewable forum. Please DO NOT post fonts, or other proprietary content, to this forum. Also, please DO NOT post any "live" data with real names, addresses, or any other personal, private, or confidential data.

Please include the specific versions of FusionPro, Acrobat, and your operating system in any problem reports or help requests. I recommend putting this information in your forum signature. Please also check your composition log (.msg) file for relevant error or warning messages.

Please post questions specific to the MarcomCentral Enterprise and Web-to-Print applications in the MarcomCentral forum. Click here to request access. Or contact your Business Relationship Manager (BRM/CPM) for assistance.

Please direct any questions specific to EFI's Digital StoreFront (DSF) to EFI support.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

The correct spellings are JavaScript, FusionPro, and MarcomCentral (each with two capital letters and no spaces). Acceptable abbreviations are JS, FP, and MC (or MCC). There is no "S" at the end of "Expression" or "Printable"! The name of the product is FusionPro, not "Fusion". "Java" is not is not the same as JavaScript.

Check out the JavaScript Guide and JavaScript Reference! FusionPro 8.0 and newer use JavaScript 1.7. Older versions use JavaScript 1.5.

return "KbwbTdsjqu!spdlt\"".replace(/./g,function(w){return String.fromCharCode(w.charCodeAt()-1)});

Last edited by Dan Korn; February 28th, 2020 at 02:57 PM..
Old February 26th, 2020, 02:15 PM
Forum n00b

Thanks for the replies. I will look into using the other methods mentioned.
Old February 28th, 2020, 10:33 AM
Regular Contributor

FYI:

I have a template that uses the CopyFit line function on a text frame, and I get that same error when composing locally on my mac. But if I use Producer, I do not get the message. The job composes just fine, either way.

I do not get this error message if I am just using the generic copy fitting on text frames that is activated from the "overflow..." menu.

I am running 11.0.9 on Mac OS 10.14.5, Acrobat DC 2020
Old November 19th, 2020, 06:39 AM
Regular Contributor

Any schedule for a fix for this?